John strives to provide a high level and personal element of service to his clients. John works with clients involving commercial real estate and residential real estate matters, including commercial lending and development work. John also works with private business owners with respect to acquisitions or sales of businesses, incorporation and corporate reorganization work, and shareholder agreements. In addition John works with clients for estate planning matters including wills, powers of attorney, and representation agreements, and then advising executors with respect to the estate administration and distribution process.
Born in Victoria, John has been involved with the University of Victoria as a Director of their Foundation, teaching at the Law School, and as a member of the Board of Governors.
Professional Membership and Activities
- Member, Law Society of BC, Canadian Bar Association, Victoria Bar Association
- Member, Victoria Estate Planning Council
- Member and Past Chair, Commercial and Real Property Section, CBABC
- Member, Wills & Estates Section, CBABC
- Past Instructor, Wills and Succession Planning, Faculty of Law, University of Victoria
- Past Presenter, Business Law, Faculty of Law, University of Victoria
- Board Member, Victoria Golf Club
- Past three-term Director and Vice-Chair, University of Victoria Foundation
- Past Governor, Board of Governors, University of Victoria
- Admitted to Practice, 1993
- LLB, University of Victoria, 1992
- BA, University of British Columbia, 1989