Shelley practices in the firm’s Tax Group. She assists her clients with trust, tax and estate planning, probate, and the resolution of tax disputes.
In her planning practice, Shelley works with clients and their other professional advisors to develop and implement tax-effective plans that meet her clients goals. These plans often involve tax-deferred corporate reorganizations, tax-planned wills, will alternatives, trusts, and family business structures. In her dispute resolution practice, Shelley disputes tax assessments issued by the Canada Revenue Agency by representing clients at both the audit and appeals levels. She also assists clients with voluntary disclosures, taxpayer relief applications, and tax collection issues.
Shelley is a lifelong Victoria resident. She has volunteered and coached for various organizations in the community. She is very involved in the local legal community, acting as an executive on the Estate Planning Council and Victoria Bar Association. Shelley has her Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP) Designation by the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners Canada.
Professional Membership and Activities
- Member, Law Society of BC, Canadian Bar Association
- Executive Member, Victoria Bar Association
- Executive Member, Estate Planning Council of Victoria
- Member, Canadian Tax Foundation
- Admitted to Practice, 2007
- LLB, University of Victoria, 2006
- BA (Commerce), Bishop’s University, 2003
- Corporate Tax Planning
- Tax Litigation and Disputed
- Voluntary Disclosures (Tax Amnesty)
- Wealth Management
- Wills, Estates & Trusts
- Corporate and Business Law