Sarah practices in the firm’s family law group. Previously, Sarah practiced at a boutique family law firm up Island.
Sarah adopts a team-based approach with her clients to reach resolutions that best support her clients’ interests. Sarah is skilled in litigation, and has experience leading lengthy family law trials as well as shorter court appearances. Sarah has achieved favourable outcomes for her clients in both Provincial and Supreme Court. Appreciating that the vast majority of clients wish to resolve their family law disputes outside of court, Sarah also works with her clients to successfully reach settlements through negotiation, mediation, and arbitration.
Sarah provides legal advice to her clients regarding all areas of family law, including but not limited to separation agreements, marriage and cohabitation agreements, division of property and debt upon separation, parenting and guardianship matters, child and spousal support, protection orders, and other emergency applications that can arise in family law disputes.
Professional Memberships and Activities
- Canadian Bar Association
- Victoria Bar Association
- Trial Lawyers of Association of BC
- Admitted to Practice, 2021
- JD, University of Ottawa, 2020
- Bachelor of Social Sciences, University of Ottawa, 2017
Awards and Recognition
- University of Ottawa Community Legal Clinic’s Clarey B. Sproule Memorial Fund Award, 2020
- Harold G. Fox Education Fund Scholarship, 2019
- Most Effective Tax Policy Presentation Award, 2018