Declan is a civil litigator with a broad practice in the areas of corporate and commercial litigation, construction litigation, estate litigation, aboriginal law, professional negligence, administrative law and regulatory matters.
Declan has successfully represented clients before all levels of Courts in British Columbia, the Federal Court of Canada, and a variety of administrative and regulatory tribunals. He is also experienced in resolving disputes outside of the courtroom. From 2018-2019, Declan was counsel on the Forensic Document Review Project for the National Inquiry into Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls.
Declan focuses on effectively advancing his clients’ interests and providing legal advice that is practical and proactive.
Prior to joining Cook Roberts LLP, Declan practiced with a leading Victoria litigation firm, Kelliher & Turner.
Professional Membership and Activities
- Member, Law Society of BC, Canadian Bar Association, Victoria Bar Association
- Member, Canadian Bar Association’s Indigenous Justice Advocacy Committee
- Member, Trial Lawyers Association of British Columbia
- Volunteer, The Access Pro Bono Society of British Columbia
- Admitted to Practice, 2013
- Federation of Law Societies of Canada, NCA Certificate of Qualification, 2012
- LLB, University of Waikato, 2011