Kathryn has more than 30 years of experience as an advocate, solicitor and mediator providing assistance to clients in the areas of wills, estates, and family law.
Kathryn’s focus is to achieve a constructive and fair resolution of legal problems. She recognizes that lawyers must understand their clients’ long-term goals in order to effectively represent them. She works closely with her clients to understand their interests and help them choose the problem-solving method that best suits their circumstances.
Kathryn has served as a Bencher of the Law Society of British Columbia, the society which acts to protect the public and regulate the legal profession. Throughout her career, she has contributed to the legal profession in the areas of education and leadership.
Kathryn is an Alternate Chair of the British Columbia Review Board.
Professional Membership and Activities
- Member, Law Society of BC, Canadian Bar Association, Victoria Bar Association
- Life Bencher, Law Society of British Columbia
- Member, Family Law – Victoria, CBABC
- Member, Wills & Trusts – Victoria, CBABC
- Guest Instructor, Professional Legal Training Course, Law Society of BC
- Guest Instructor, Faculty of Law, University of Victoria
- Past Chair, CBA National Ethics and Professional Responsibility Committee
- Past Chair, CBA National Awards Committee
- Past Elected Provincial Council Member for Victoria, CBABC
- Instructor, Continuing Legal Education Society
- Past Director, Legal Services Society of British Columbia
Awards and Recognition
- Appointed Queen’s Counsel, 1996
- Recipient, Award of Excellence, Women Lawyers Forum, CBABC, 2009
- Recipient, President’s Medal, CBABC, 1992
- Admitted to Practice, British Columbia, 1982
- Admitted to Practice, Alberta, 1978
- LLB, University of Alberta, 1977
- BA, University of Alberta, 1973